Artificial Intelligence to support sustainable agriculture
Of the five million tons of pesticides used every year in agriculture, only 1% prove to be actually effective. This means that 14% of the world’s crops are lost due to the uncontrolled proliferation of agricultural pests. The ineffective use of pesticides means higher costs for the farmers as well as the risk of increased pest residue in products in the food chain.
- TrapView has developed an automatic system to monitor and predict the diffusion of pests
- The system comprises hardware (the trap) and software capable of automatically identifying a particular type of insect
- Thanks to the use of artificial intelligence predictive models it is possible to predict the spread of the insects and adjust the use of pesticides accordingly
- Reduction in the use of pesticides in agriculture
- Decrease in the cost of agricultural products
- Improved safeguarding of consumer health